Friday, January 2, 2009

Two Poems

THE HOMUNCULUS MEANS TO SAY,(AMIDST A CASUAL CONVERSATION) "...DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?"

Weakest link shortest passage, my body the heterodox metric
As if that old victory against the flesh that
the message heads on the corner exude

With the abundant distraction of belief,
forgetting its own desire of itself

Then, one vein could throb for us in our searching
Pangs, fits and starts through the brush that stroked our ugliness
And confession, disclosing the blood in the image of ourselves
Or images that “alone” strengthens

This is an atheist's claim
Alone bequeathed all possible ontologies to me
Alone made such anxious wonder
In our presence we were waiting for its transparency,
We were naming.

In its death you come in a mother-mask. Alone dies
“Alone is dead”, they start to declare
Wearily, the body adjusts to life--
You’ll begin to see green nautical marbles in my sockets”

Half blind, finding the way to the mineral kingdom: one thought turns you out:
our marriage to the same empty spaces,
regarding one to another as of the same yoke

Knowing I’s (way too much).
Sometimes there is no other compass


PUBERTY RITUAL IN THE AGE OF GLOBAL WARMING

During the hundred and thirty urologists performing a procedure,
thousands of men lit a gelatinous form of collagen,
where the hem meets significant partial alleviation of seven continents,
till results were logged, using the same etch others had been lucky to scan,

resulting in impotence.

I went to New York long after I imagined myself having adapted to the practical inconveniences of the condition.
I got over being called a raisin face and even produced a marketing campaign
The allegorical “hard of peeing” or “the peeing impaired” sold well

No comments:

Post a Comment